Ripples from the Center

Sharing a Little Poetry, Art, Beauty & Heart

a little wit, wisdom & whimsy to enlighten you on your way...

Copyright 2012. Original poetry, art, writing & photography by Julie SuZaNNe BröKKeN

Thursday, September 5, 2013

LeaPs aBouND! continued: WHO AM I?


Welcome to 'LeaPs aBouND!' and to this link 
for the longer answer to the above question.

     

I am an artist ~ poeta ~ photographer.  If you're reading this you've either subscribed to my RIPPLES blog or clicked the link on my 'LeaPs aBouND!' crowdfunding campaign empowered by Indiegogo.  Either way I am TiCKLeD PiNK to welcome you to LeaPs aBouND!  [ http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/leaps-abound/x/1603171 ]  

Going live this weekend ~ Saturday, September 7th, 2013! 

  

This is the slightly longer answer to the question "Who Am I?"

Waxing whimsical my nine-word memoire reads, " Iowa farmer's daughter sprouts artist-poeta wings ~ flies west!"   Thirty years ago I finished college, grabbed my dreams, and made the big LEAP to Phoenix to teach "for a few years" while beginning my professional art career.  I'd always dreamt of the mountains, big skies, open spaces and wild places of the west.  I had some great opportunities and successes as an emerging artist in Phoenix.   27 years, several serious illnesses recovered from, too many blast furnace summers, and a July house-sitting gig in Albuquerque later I knew what I had to do.  I took another big LEAP.   I packed my gypsy wagon named Gracie ('91 Toyota Corolla), pointed her imaginary hood ornament north by northwest and followed my own smoke signals ~ and a raven ~ back a few 500 miles to the Land of Enchantment, beautiful, smaller, cooler Albuquerque, and fresh lively new dreams.  I've been doing happy dances ever since ~ happy dances, art, poetry, and photography that is!  As I wrote in one of my poems, "this Phoenix had to leave Phoenix in order to rise."

I feel a strong sense of community here and a deep resonance with the land. My camera has become my near constant companion, and my photographs are receiving much praise.  My poetry has sprouted wings and flown into a number of hardcopy and online anthologies.  Reading at local poetry open mic venues has led to gigs as featured poet. My creative vision expands as common themes in all my works guide me toward combining the photographs, writing and poetry into encaustic photography, assemblage, sculpture, installation, book publications, and a full-length meditative DVD blending music, sound, poetry, photography, and film.

I think Bugs Bunny would way that... I took a "RIGHT" turn at Albuquerque... GRiN! 


Full Artist Biography:  COMING SOON!

                                   

No comments:

INSPIRED TO RIPPLE A LOVE OFFERING or PURCHASE ART/PHOTOGRAPHS (juliebrokken@yahoo.com for prices)

About Me

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States