Ripples from the Center

Sharing a Little Poetry, Art, Beauty & Heart

a little wit, wisdom & whimsy to enlighten you on your way...

Copyright 2012. Original poetry, art, writing & photography by Julie SuZaNNe BröKKeN

Thursday, September 5, 2013

LeaPs aBouND! continued: WHAT WILL I DO?











In PHASE ONE I Will:

1. CREATE JulieSuZaNNeBroKKeN.com website.

2. PRINT & PROMOTE my photographyPRINT & PROMOTE my photography

3. EXHIBIT my works @ 5G North Gallery, ABQ, NM at the Factory on 5th Art Space with local press and media promotion, participation in First Friday/Albuquerque ARTScrawl. EXHIBIT my works @ 5G North Gallery, ABQ, NM at the Factory on 5th Art Space with local press and media promotion, participation in First Friday/Albuquerque ARTScrawl. 
As this process progresses I'll take evermore leaps... PHASE TWO, THREE, and BEYOND...  One-of-a-kind encaustic photography, photography transfers onto my three-dimensional assemblages, interactive installations, community projects and more!  

PHASE TWO:   

1. Encaustic Photography.  Apply encaustic, an ancient medium made of melted beeswax and damar resin, to select photographs.  Application of encaustic medium to photographs creates luminous, ephemeral, one-of-a-kind images.  Adding pigment multiples the possibilities.

2. Publication.  Produce of a series of small handmade and standard books (chapbooks) pairing poetry and photography. 

3. Three-Dimensional.  Incorporate photographs and/or encaustic photo-transfer into my assemblage and sculptural pieces. 

PHASE THREE:

1. Full-Length DVD.  Expand on my current DVD single "17 BREATHS: INHALE.EXHALE", a blend of photography, poetry, and music into a full-length work. Cost of production: $1500.  More info @


2. Collaborative Interactive Installation.  Create an installation exhibit in collaboration with fellow artists, poets, musicians and other performance folk using the DVD as inspiration as we gather community, invite conversation, create strong connections.

No comments:

INSPIRED TO RIPPLE A LOVE OFFERING or PURCHASE ART/PHOTOGRAPHS (juliebrokken@yahoo.com for prices)

About Me

My photo
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States